- Latest news
- Critical Illness Cover
- Life Insurance
- Family and Personal Income Protection
- Income Protection Benefit
- Relevant Life Plan
- Whole of Life Protection Plan
- Business Protection
- L&G Critical Illness new product webinar
- Watch our video on our existing business search facility
- Watch our video on managing bounced direct debits
- Contact us
We're here for you
Intermediary Designed is our commitment to you and your business. We’re continuing to invest and build on our intermediary heritage, as well as looking at new ways to improve our service so we can deliver more for you.
We’re focusing on one positive goal – working together to grow the protection market. We’ll continue to evolve our collaborative relationship with you, sharing responsibilities and working towards the same goals. We’ll be here for you and your clients - today, tomorrow and in to the future.
We know protection is sold not bought. Only 31% of UK adults have life insurance, but by working together we can change this and protect more people
What we can offer
Designed to help protect your clients and their families, our range of products help protect the things that matter most.
Doing what’s right
We’re in the business of paying claims and we’re proud of our claims record. In 2018 we paid out £683 million across Life, Critical Illness Cover, Terminal Illness Cover and Income Protection Benefit. That’s an average of £1.75 million every day.
- Life Insurance - Designed to pay out a cash sum if your client dies while covered by the policy. Clients can add critical illness cover for an additional cost at outset for extra peace of mind
- Critical Illness Cover - Choice of either Critical Illness Cover, or Critical Illness Extra, for those who want a little extra protection
- Income Protection Benefit - Designed to provide a monthly benefit if your client can’t work due to incapacity caused by illness or injury, which results in a loss of earnings.
- Rental Protection Plan - Our Rental Protection Plan offers three different offerings so you can recommend the protection that fits your client's lifestyle, Rental Income Protection Benefit, Rental Life Insurance and Rental Life Insurance with Critical Illness Cover
- Business Protection – Helps protect against the financial impact of death or critical illness on your client’s business, Key Person Protection, Share Protection and Business Loan Protection
Keep learningPersonal professional development is a must for every successful adviser. Not only does the FCA insist on at least 35 hours of CPD a year for those advisers in the retail market, but it makes sense to stay current, so you can give your clients the best service possible.
We offer regular live webinars throughout the year. All we need is your name, email address and Legal & General agency number. Select the day that suits you best and follow the instructions.
Enrol in webinars
We also offer a selection of workshops which you can ask your usual telephone account manager about.
Useful toolsClick here to access the tools and calculators page you may find useful.
Click here to access a full literature library.
Our claims statistics aren’t just numbers
In 2019, we helped more than 15,000 customers and their families by paying out over £731 million in individual protection claims. This is an extra £93 million compared to 2018 and a total of £2.9 billion over 5 years.
These figures show our commitment to your clients, and how we want to make sure we pay as many claims as we can, as quickly as possible, giving them the reassurance they need.
To see our 2019 claims statistics in full please click here.
Contact InfoNEW - Live chat functionality - Chat online with our new and existing business support teams for queries regarding protection policies. To access Live chat simply log into OLP connect a select 'Live chat' on the right hand side of your screen.
Live chat is available Monday – Friday, 08:00 - 17:00.
Access Live chat via OLP Connect
- On hand to discuss new ideas and campaigns.
- To provide technical help on our protection products and 'e' submission options to support you and your business.
- With the help of our online support tool they are able to see your screens and assist you directly online as if they were sitting right next to you.
- We may record and monitor calls.